Laboratory Internships, Internships In Kenya, Medical Jobs, KEMRI Jobs
To assist the Laboratory Manager in the operations and coordination of laboratory activities
The internship programme will be for six (6) months.
- Performs a variety of technical laboratory procedures according to Standard Operations Procedures and Study Protocols under supervision of senior laboratory technologist,
- Identifies out of range control values, takes corrective action, and notifies others of changes
- Conducts internal quality audit regularly and initiates corrective and prevention actions
- Responsible for accurately completing records and reports and other statistical information for master files or databases. Follows laboratory policy for data retrieval, record keeping, samples, and identification, requisition, reporting and charting procedures
- Maintains high level of competence in GCLP, laboratory safety and standard operation procedures
- Maintains a neat, clean and organized work area
- Keeps an adequate supply of working materials/reagents on hand
- Maintains confidence by keeping laboratory information confidential
- Maintains laboratory equipment as outlined in the various operation SOPs and equipment manuals
- Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences
Experience and Skills
- Must be reliable, self-motivated and self-driven
- Good communication and management skills
- Strong I.T skills.
A stipend will be offered.
How To Apply
A duly signed application letter indicating the vacancy reference with copies of documents listed above should be sent to: email@example.com not later than 21st June, 2019
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY; PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. KEMRI DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF ITS RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING APPLICATION, INTERVIEW AND PROCESSING OF OFFER LETTER. IF ASKED FOR A FEE, REPORT SUCH REQUEST IMMEDIATELY.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted.