Laboratory Manager Job at Kisumu Specialists Hospital
Kisumu Specialists Hospital is a 50-bed hospital providing comprehensive specialty medical care to the lake basin regions. We offer emergency, inpatient, and outpatient medical services.
From day one we have been committed to bringing the people of this region advanced medicare technologies and expertise. As a doctor-owned hospital, our physicians advocate for the equipment and procedures that generate better results.
Our mission is to offer world-class care and services to our patients, our communities, and one another. We aim to be your health partner for life.
The Laboratory Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating and assuming responsibility and accountability for the provision of efficient and accurate laboratory tests and procedures to assist in diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of patients.
He/ She will also be responsible for implementation of new procedures, quality control of laboratory services and ensuring compliance with all relevant regulatory guidelines, standards and protocols relating to laboratory services
Responsibilities for the Laboratory Manager Job
- Manage reporting, monitoring resources, and laboratory personnel
- Work closely with team members to provide effective solutions to support business and quality objectives
- Facilitate effective communication across internal departments by trending and reporting data
- Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements, budgets, and schedules
- Establish and improve procedures and processes by addressing issues and risks
- Utilize proven employee management solutions to improve productivity and efficiency
- Ensure the lab establishes and maintains a calibration program, quality control and assurance program for all equipment that affect quality results
- Ensure that environmental requirements are met at the federal, state, and local government levels
Laboratory Manager Job Qualifications
- Diploma in Laboratory Sciences.
- A bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage
- 3+ years of progressive management or supervisory experience
- Registered by the KMLTTB
- Conversant with most QC systems
- Experience with laboratory accreditation processes will be an added advantage.
- Strong problem-solving, training, team building, and mentoring abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply
Applicants should send their CVs with their contacts and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us no later than 5pm 14th September 2018