Laboratory Technologist Jobs, PSC Jobs
Three (3) years contract (Renewable subject to satisfactory performance)
Basic Salary Scale: Ksh.24,580 – Ksh.32,760 (CSG 12)
- A candidate must have a Diploma in any of the following disciplines:- Applied Sciences (Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Industrial Chemistry, Biology), Food Science and Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Building/Civil Engineering, Earth or Sciences Biotechnology from a recognized institution
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a more senior and experienced officer. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- preparing media;
- standardizing laboratory procedures and reagents;
- receiving, recording, packaging, dispatching, analyzing and preserving samples;
- caring for laboratory animal;
- undertaking disease surveillance activities; and
- performing vaccine, feed animals products and byproducts quality assurance tests.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES,
THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 5th November 2019.