Laboratory Technologist Jobs, KEMRI Wellcome Trust Jobs
To provide technical support to research teams in the setup of laboratory experiments, analysis of samples/data and recording of applied processes and procedures in order to meet clinical research objectives.
- Conduct experiments, interpret and document results through the use of routine and basic laboratory procedures involving manual techniques or use of laboratory instruments.
- Standardise, calibrate and carry out preventive maintenance and basic troubleshooting on laboratory equipment and instrument.
- Receive samples and ensure that relevant support documentation is provided and process in line with relevant QC guidelines; document sample and process information.
- Liaise with Nurses, clinicians, health care workers and public in order to ensure that relevant samples are taken/ provided, resolve discrepancies and to communicate results in line with laid down procedures.
- Participate in various QAQC, EQA, IQC and regulatory agency activities within the assigned section, including developing and documenting QC monitors.
- Provide technical advice to researchers in the design of experiments.
- Set up laboratory equipment and experiments and guide researchers on use of laboratory equipment.
- Prepare and collate results, update relevant databases and prepare reports as may be required.
- Monitor lab resources and inform relevant staff on the replenishment.
- Manage and dispose of waste in line with laid down guidelines including segregation and use of specified waste disposal facilities.
- Continually comply with all laid down QMS guidelines/ standards/ SOPs and comply with all health and safety guidelines.
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- A Diploma in Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Registered with the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board.
- Knowledge and understanding of GCLPs and regulatory/ accreditation agency requirements.
- Knowledge of laboratory Health and Safety practices.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Strong analytical and follow through ability; attentive to detail.
- Ability to follow laid down processes and procedures.
- Confidentiality and integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team working and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
How To Apply
To apply for this post you must be a registered user. Log into your account then go to Vacancies, view the post and click on the button: “Apply for this job”.
All applicants are required to state their current/last salary.
Candidates must supply an email and telephone contact that will be used when offering interviews. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce ORIGINALS of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates, original transcripts and testimonials, detailed curriculum vitae and valid clearance certificate (certificate of good conduct) during the interviews.
The application closing date is 23 October 2019.
KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme (KWTRP) is an equal opportunity employer. Direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. KWTRP does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).