Who We Are:
The hospital was started in 1909 by the Church of Scotland. It is owned and governed by the Presbyterian Church of East Africa. It is located in the Central Highlands of Kenya between the Aberdares Range and Mount Kenya 130 Km (80 Miles) North of Nairobi at an altitude of 5,900ft. It is a 203-bed hospital and provides holistic health care. Though located in a Kikuyu speaking people, the language of work is English and Swahili since not all staff are Kikuyu and from time to time it receives visitors from overseas. Medical students from abroad get their medical electives at the Hospital.
It provides general health care in medicine, surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics, and gynecology as well as outpatient services.
The hospital has a Nursing School which is training Kenya Registered Community Health Nurses. Other units are the Guest House and a Cafeteria.
- Examine body fluids and tissues for abnormal chemical levels, cells or bacteria.
- Prepare tissue for microscopic examination by pathologists.
- Determine blood type for transfusions.
- Conduct medical research and analyses.
- Operates and maintains sophisticated instruments and equipment used in the division, is able to properly set up, calibrate, maintain, operate and shut down such instruments.
- Maintains competence in Laboratory Information System that is crucial to the quality operations of the laboratory and patient care.
- Actively participates in Quality Improvement Programs essential to ensure that laboratory testing is accurate, timely and meets customer needs.
- Trains and orientates new Medical Laboratory Technologists in the performance and interpretation of tests.
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants should send their applications to:
The Hospital Administrator,
P.C.E.A Tumutumu Hospital,
Private Bag – 10101,
Or send your application attaching the necessary testimonials via email to email@example.com or call 0720 948474