Nutrition & Dietetic Technologists III Job at Lamu County
Terms of Service: Permanent & Pensionable
Requirements for the Nutrition & Dietetic Technologists Job
- Diploma in Community Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition or Nutrition and Dietetics from recognized institution;
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution;
- Registration by the Council of the Institute of Nutritionists and Dieticians (CIND); and
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.
Nutrition & Dietetic Technologists Job Responsibilities
- Conducting nutrition assessment nutrition screening and referring cases to various existing programs:
- Collecting dietetic nutrition data:
- Carrying out child growth monitoring and promotion activities:
- Conducting routine weight monitoring for expectant women:
- Assisting in lifestyle disease prevention and management programs;
- Running out patient Supplementary Feeding Programs and outpatient Therapeutic Feeding Programs (SFP and OTP):
- Carrying out micronutrient supplementation;
- Preparing monthly reports for use in planning and monitoring nutrition programs:
- Following up home based nutrition care;
- Promoting baby friendly hospital and community initiatives;
- Carrying out nutrition education and counseling of patients in health care facilities: and
- Promoting consumption of fortified foods and dietary diversification at community and facility level.
How to Apply
Applicants must attach photocopies of the following documents:
- National Identity Card
- Academic: Professional Certificates and Testimonials.
- Copies of clearance certificates from;
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- Criminal Investigation Department (CID):
- Ethics and Anti — Corruption Commission (EACC);
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) and respective professional bodies.
- Any other relevant supporting documents.
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope addressed to:
Lamu County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 536-80500,
The applications should reach the County Public Service Board on or before 30th May, 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Youth, Women and persons with special needs are encouraged to apply.