Manager Jobs, KLDC Jobs
JOB GRADE KLDC 3 (1 Position)
Job Ref No.: KLDC/005/2019
An officer at this level will be deployed to carry out specific duties related to the following areas:
- Initiate development and review of leather parks and centres’ policies, standard and guidelines.
- Initiate the establishment and management of leather parks and training centres’ (Centres of Excellence).
- Assess impack of leather parks and centres on MSMEs productivity.
- Maintain a database of MSMEs in leather parks and centres.
- Market leather parks and centres to attract investment.
- Ensure environmental compliance in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Facilitate the provision of shared infrastructure within the parks and centres.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
- Have a minimum period of ten (10) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which should be in a management position in the Public Service or Private Sector.
- Have Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Leather Technology, Leather Science, Animal Science, Manufacture Science, Material Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Possession of a Masters Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Leather Technology, Leather Science, Animal Science, Manufacture Science, Material Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution is an added advantage.
- Have a certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Professional qualification and membership to a professional body, where applicable.
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Demonstrate competence in work performance.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates are advised to download and complete the Candidates’ Profile and Application Form (from the ‘Vacancies’ section at www.leathercouncil.go.ke) indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to email@example.com attaching certified copies of academic certificates and professional qualifications and National ID. Hand-delivered application can also be dropped at the Council’s Reception Desk located at CPA Centre, 5th Floor, Thika Road, next to KCA University.