Our client is one of the largest manufacturer and distributors of assorted beverages. They seek to hire an experienced legal advisor who will be tasked with offering to the management legal advice and expertise on different matters from time to time.
Title: Legal Advisor – Manufacturing
Industry: FMCG, Manufacturing
Salary: 70k – 90k
- Conduct research in the necessary comparable legal procedures and laws, as well as comparable cases
- Furnishing legal opinions and advice on any areas of the law arising in civil & commercial litigation
- Oversee a contract signing or advice about corporate management.
- Drafting and reviewing of litigation documents including pleadings, notices, affidavits & correspondence;
- Consultations with clients and counsel
- Reviewing new legislations
- Representing the company in court at the High Court and Magistrate’s Court
- Mediating disputes, conducting negotiations with a view to settling potentially litigious matters
- Draw up contracts and other legal documents ensuring attention to detail
- To be able to demonstrate that they are technically very able across a sufficiently wide area, able to work without significant supervision and have developed a particular strength and reputation in their work area.
- Offering advice on the law, legal procedures and a wide range of associated issues
- Research on diverse range of assigned issues, documents and case history to ensure accuracy of advice and procedures
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in the law
- Receive requests for legal advice from current and potential clients and deciding on the most appropriate responses to make to these requests.
- Proven track record of effectively delegating work to other members of the department and supervising the work effectively
- Ability to work closely with the HR in advising and working on any matters touching on the Employment Act of Kenya
- Advising on different contracts such as Vendor, distributor, and employee and service providers’ contracts.
- LLB Degree from a recognized University
- Must be an Advocate of the High court of Kenya with a current Practicing Certificate
- Must have at least 2 years’ post work experience in a private corporate organization
- Must have hands on experience in interpretation & application of legal texts, statutes, rules & regulations.
- Be computer literate
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to work as a team
- Work with minimum or no supervision
- FEMALE Candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply