Senior Legal Counsel, Risk & Compliance Jobs, Banking Jobs, Legal Jobs, KCB Bank Jobs
Reporting to the Principal Legal Counsel, Risk & Compliance; this position implements, maintains, and monitors legal risk and compliance requirements and actions for an assigned portfolio with regards to established law and regulation.
- Review legislation, proposed bills, judicial decisions, best practice and market trends which have an impact on the Bank and advise/recommend changes to Bank policies and procedures.
- Provide support in ensuring that the Bank complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Provide advice in relation to compliance matters as contained in the legislation.
- Conduct internal legal compliance audits and examinations to ensure compliance with legislative requirements. Liaise with relevant business where legal risks have been identified, to develop mitigating measures and implement remedial action.
- Update legal compliance checklists and matrixes used for undertaking legal compliance reviews in line with legislation.
- Conduct legal risk analysis and provide legal support for new and ongoing Bank projects and provided legal support in research, drafting and review of Bank policies, product terms and conditions.
- Undertake risk related divisional activities (DORCCO, KRIs. RCSA. KCSA, Ethics Compliance, BIA, RVA, BCP & disaster recovery, audit tracker and crisis management) as allocated.
- Undertake intellectual property registration and life cycle management as allocated.
- Power of Attorney (PA) Management: Preparation, registration, revocation and maintain data/information of the KCB Kenya PAs.
- Case law management (internal and external case law and legal opinions) and preparation and dissemination of practice notes, FAQs and training materials and guidelines.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Degree in Law (LL.B) from a recognized university
- Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law
- Advocate of the High Court.
- 5 years post admission experience.
- Experience in legal drafting, corporate and commercial law, dispute resolution and legal risk management.
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 28th June 2018
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable