- Perform legal research and analysis.
- Prepare legal opinions, briefs, reports and correspondence and provide legal advice on relevant matters;
- Review and draft regulations, contracts, agreements, memorandums of understanding, letters, institutional and operational modalities or legal documents to meet specific circumstances;
- Liaise with the various departments in relation to legal assistance required;
- Translate documents from English to French and vice versa;
- Liaise with our legal partners to seek legal opinion and guidance
- Prepare reports on areas covered or requiring attention to cover risks
- Assist on all corporate governance matters and holding of board meetings and shareholder meetings and drafting of resolutions; and
- carry out any other relevant work assigned by the Legal Officer.
- Any other duty assigned from time to time for the effective delivery of legal functions and for the good of AGF.
- Undergraduate University Degree in Law;
- 5 years experience in busy legal set up; experience in financial institutions is an added advantage
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French;
- Knowledge of common law and civil law systems;
- Knowledge of OHADA laws will be a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to compile and report results from activities.
Additional eligibility competences and desired Characteristics
- Self-driven individual with a passion and flair for helping SMEs succeed;
- Good project management experience and writing skills;
- Excellent IT skills – particularly data management and processing packages;
- Ability to work in a professionally and culturally diverse setting;
- Ability and willingness to learn and quickly adapt
- Team player with strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Must have strong analytical and coaching skills;
Terms of offer
The African Guarantee Fund for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (AGF) is an equal opportunity employer and offers a regionally competitive salary with an excellent benefits package.
AGF prides itself on its collegial, supportive and gender sensitive working environment and believes that staff diversity promotes excellence. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Apply on email, sending one document including a cover letter summarizing their relevance to this position, a full C.V. names and contact information of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Application for Legal Assistant” should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email message. Applications will be considered until 24th January 2019. Only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.