Legal Officer Jobs, Legal Jobs, St. Francis Community Hospital Jobs
The Legal Officer will be charged with the responsibility of ensuring Legal and Statutory Compliance in the Institution.
Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Rendering legal assistance through preparation of legal opinions, reports and correspondence as required from time to time by Management and Hospital Advisory Board.
- Responsible for all the external communications of the hospital.
- Ensuring provision of appropriate legal advice on a diverse range of substantive and procedural questions of law in administrative functioning of the Hospital, to firmly secure the interests of the Hospital and its clients.
- Ensure adequate preparation of Litigations.
- Advising on and assessing the Level of Compliance to Legislative provisions.
- Monitoring performance of the Hospital Prequalified Panel of Lawyers and rendering advice on appointment/Prequalification of new panels.
- Providing Legal advice on Procurement and Human Resources processes;
- Follow up legal provision for the institution debt collection processes;
- Conducting Training and Dissemination of appropriate advice to staff on legal and compliance issues;
- Managing and administering the Corporate Legal Documentation and contracts;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating of contracts, MoU’s and other legal documents as required by the institution and various departments.
- MUST possess Bachelors of Law from a recognized institution
- Post Graduate Diploma in law from the Kenya School of Law
- At least 3 years’ working experience alongside being a practicing Advocate of the High Court of Kenya in the Public Service or Private Sector
- Member of the Law Society of Kenya with current practicing certificate.
- Certified Public Secretary will be an added advantage.
Skills and Knowledge
- Computer literate
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Analytical skills
- Patient and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to observe high level confidentiality
How to Apply
Only qualified candidates are encouraged to email their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, names and contacts of three referees, current and expected salary to email@example.com on or before 30th October 2019.