Legal Officer Job at Kenya Medical Supplies Authority
Kenya Medical Supplies Authority (KEMSA) is a State Corporation established through an Act of Parliament, with the mandate to procure, warehouse and distribute drugs and medical supplies for prescribed public health programs, the national strategic stock reserve, prescribed essential health packages and national referral hospitals.
As a result of business growth and the need to enhance organizational efficiency for effective service delivery, we would like to fill the following position:
Purpose Statement: Reporting to the Corporation Secretary / Director Legal Services, the Legal Officer will be responsible for supporting the Department handle legal matters.
Roles for the Legal Officer Job
- Supporting the management of legal issues within the department.
- Liaise with the Director Legal Services on court matters.
- Support in co-ordinating contract management process.
- Liaise with external Advocates to follow up on matters affecting KEMSA.
- Support in following up court rulings, hearings etc.
- Attend courts as a follow up on matters affecting KEMSA.
- Ensuring the organization is complying with the relevant regulations and best practice in relation to risk management.
- Undertaking capacity building and awareness to the Board, and its Committees, Management and Staff on Enterprise Risk Management.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Bachelors’ Degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized University.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law/Legal Studies
- Three (3) years working experience,
- Be a registered member of Law Society of Kenya and in good standing.
- Must have ICT competency.
- Must adhere to the LSK code of ethics i.e. integrity, objectivity, confidentiality and due competence / professionalism
- Team player and interpersonal skills
- Communication skills (both oral and written)
- Good planning, organization skills and analytical skills
Chapter 6 Requirements
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 which includes the following:
- Police Clearance Certificate from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau.
How to Apply
Applications, quoting the job reference number, accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae, copies of ID card, certificates and testimonials should be sent by post to the address below to be received not later than 2nd November, 2018
Chief Executive Officer,
Kenya Medical Supplies Authority,
13 Commercial Street,
P.O Box 47715-00100,
Note that any form of direct or indirect canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
‘The Kenya Medical Supplies Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer’.