Library Assistant Jobs, Librarian Jobs, BUC Jobs
BUC SCALE 6
- Certificate in Library and Information Studies from a recognized institution;
- Served for at least five (5) years as a Library Assistant in a well-established library/information centre, and
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education with a minimum grade of D+ or its acceptable equivalent with at least a C- in any of the following subjects: Mathematics, History, English or Kiswahili.
- Those who will have worked in an automated academic library will have an added advantage.
- Shelving, circulation tasks and information outreach activities;
- Cataloguing, classification;
- OPAC’s and CD-ROMS including electronic information searching for library users;
- Sending reminder notices for overdue publications; and
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
How To Apply
All applicants must satisfy the Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya by getting clearances from the following bodies: Higher Education Loans Board (HELB); Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC); Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA); Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); Commission for University Education (CUE); and Current Certificate of Good Conduct from the National Police Service (NPS).
The deadline for receiving applications for all the positions advertised is 11th November, 2019 at 5.00 pm. The reference number of the position applied for should be clearly indicated and three (3) copies of the Application addressed and sent to: The Principal, Bomet University College, P.O Box 701-20400, BOMET.
Bomet University College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Persons having difficulties in performing activities of daily life and marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.