Logistics Assistant Jobs, Logistics Jobs, Jobs in Mangera, NGO Jobs, Action Against Hunger Jobs
Founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger (AAH) is an international humanitarian organization that delivers programs in over 44 countries. Recognized worldwide as a leader in the fight against hunger, our mission is to save lives through the prevention, detection, and treatment of malnutrition, especially during and after emergency situations and conflicts.
Action Against Hunger has been present in Kenya since 2001 and is a transformative leader in nutrition security for improved quality of life among vulnerable communities. Action Against Hunger wants to contribute to the optimal functional performance of National, County, and Community systemsthrough strategic partnerships for innovative nutrition-sensitive and nutrition-specific interventions to achieve its impact.
Action Against Hunger is currently implementing activities in West Pokot, Mandera, Samburu, Isiolo, Trans Nzoia, Kakamega, Bungoma and Busia counties.
The Logistics Assistant reports hierarchically to the Programme Manager and technically to the Head of Logistics Department. The position will be based in Mandera- Kenya.
The Logistics Assistant’s core responsibilitie will be;
- Maintain a supplier database, with a price list and a .
- Ensures that follow up tools are implemented and used correctly (PPP, Supply Plan, PFU, SFU)
- Assist the base in setting up the framework agreements.
- Monitors the quality of ordered items and services, ensures minimum standards in collaboration with the technical departments; ensures proper sensitization of all teams
- Sets up and monitors that archiving is done correctly on all bases
- Sets up good networking with local stakeholders, exchange on good practices, sensitization of suppliers on ACF policies and procedures
- To prepare purchase orders via LINK for bases
- To supervise that the order follow-up .
- Monthly reporting on logistics and supply chain elements.
- Supervise the stock management (storage conditions, stock reports, expiry dates)
- To monitor the deliveries to the departments/bases/programmes
- Responsible for the correct physical stock management (ensure proper storage conditions such as cleanliness, ventilation,report expiry date.
Storage and transport management
- Responsible for the correct physical stock management (ensure proper storage conditions such as cleanliness, ventilation,report expiry dates)
- Ensures that stock management in base follows kit log 3, and mainly that stock release orders, srtock cards, SFU and other documents and/or tools are used and are systematically up to date.
- Arrange deliveries to the departments/bases/programmes
- Follow-up the clearance process of items arriving by international freight (if not handled by LSC)
- Ensure proper identification of all arrival/departure material (quantity, quality, and delivery).
- In collaboration with the capital logistician propose a schedule for sending goods to the bases to the capital logistician
- Ensure correct preparation of deliveries, safe preparation and loading of cargo onto vehicles.
- Prepare all cargo and shipping documents (delivery Note, packing list etc) to be transported to the bases and collect the documentation signed for reception from the bases
- Prepare and submit the monthly stock report by 5th of each month for the capital logistician
- Follow up weekly stocks at the LSC and consolidate with the Kenya mission stock report
- Register all new equipment in the equipment list and open a proper equipment file
- Follow-up all equipments on the mission (update equipment list)
- Ensure that all users have signed a temporary allocation form for all equipments that they are receiving,
- Request monthly equipment lists from the bases and consolidate at capital level, then disseminate.
- Receive the material to be handed over and make sign the temporary allocation form for reception and clearance
- Ensure installation, maintenance and repair of the equipment
- Update the capital equipment list on a monthly basis
- Prepare and consolidate the mission equipment list and forward to capital logistic officer every 5th of every month
Fleet and transport management.
- Ensure refuel of the cars in collaboration with the drivers
- Prepare and update fuel reports for cars and generators using ACF’s standard formats
- Ensure the vehicle fleet documentation is filed in vehicle files according to ACF regulation
- Follow up on maintenance and repairs of vehicles and generators and keep copies of invoices in the vehicle file
- Ensure the follow up of the maintenance and repair operation on the office generator as well as the refuelling of the stocks (when needed)
- Manage the office fuel security stock and request to the capital logistician in case replenishment is needed
- In charge of preparing and submitting the monthly motor cost to the capital Logistician by 5th of every month.
- Organize transport of goods and materials to the bases,
Management of Base Security in Liaison with the Programme Manager
- In charge of the information collection and context analysis in collaboration with the programme Manager
- To elaborate and submits the base security plan to the Programmes Manager and Logistics Coordinator for approval
- To follow-up the implementation of the security rules and procedures on the base Local authorities and partners representation
- To represent ACF for non-technical aspects on the base related to logistics
- To take charge the external communication
Rehabilitation and maintenance of office
- In charge of the rehabilitation and maintenance of the office
- In charge of general office and bases equipment for repair i.e. gensets, inverters, etc
- Gives the hand in technical purchases such as for mechanical equipments for the bases
- Stands in for the Logistics Capital Logistics in case of absence to carry out assigned duties.
- Degree in procurement and logistics management preferred. Those with Diploma in procurement and logistics will have added advantage.
- Membership of KISM will be an asset .
- Diploma in CIPS
Skills & Experience
- Excellent analytical and writing skills.
- 3 years’ experience in Logistics and Administration Management.
- Good writing skills.
- Good management and representation skills.
- Familiarity with ACF and acceptance of ACF’s principles.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good stress management skills
- Familiarity with donors and donor procedures
- Good communication, teamwork, transport skill, knowledge of warehousing, stock management and control
- Knowledge of warehousing, stock management and control,
- Knowledge of vehicle Management
- Knowledge of MS Office,
- Organization, initiative, punctuality and courtesy,
- Good level of spoken English and Kiswahili
- Somali Speaking and Female Applicants encouraged to apply
Applications, including CV with cover letter and 3 professional references to be sent via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 07th June 2019 clearly mentioning the position on the subject line. e.g Logistics Assistant -Mandera Only Shorlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
The above position is subject to availability of funds