One of the major supply chains players with demonstrated leadership is looking for a committed highly qualified Logistics Clerk to ICDN activities.
- Ensuring timely identification of containers at the ICDN.
- Inspecting containers for damages and making reports as appropriate.
- Availing correct container details to team members and ICDN staff for loading.
- To process required documents at ICDN and issue gate passes.
- To oversee loading of containers out of ICDN.
- Ensuring quick truck turnaround at ICDN.
- Ensuring efficient flow of information and relevant documents to the relevant sections to effect loading.
- To closely liaise with clearing and forwarding team to ensure loading out of containers is done immediately the clearance process is completed.
- Issuing drivers with cargo delivery documents upon loading of containers/cargo
- Giving a daily report to immediate supervisor of the activities at the ICDN.
- Liaising with the ICDN officials to resolve any challenges encountered.
- Communicating to drivers to coordinate loading and delivery of cargo.
- To receive documents from drivers and dispatch them to Mombasa office safely and in a timely manner.
- To undertake any other assigned duties.
- Diploma in Fleet Management or Logistics or Operations Management or Clearing and Forwarding.
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a transport and logistics firm.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Willingness to work odd hours
- Accuracy and eye to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Active listener and critical thinker.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good judgment and decision making skills.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed CV indicating current and expected salary and their daytime contact to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31st January 2019 (5pm East African Time)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.