Logistics Coordinator Jobs, Logistics Jobs In Kenya, NGO Jobs In Kenya, NRC Jobs
The NRC East Africa & Yemen mission is an expanding programme. NRC started its operations in Kenya in the refugee camps in Dadaab in February 2007. NRC has WASH, Shelter, Education, Food Security and Livelihood and Information Counselling and Legal Assistant programmes implemented in the refugee camps in Dadaab and Kakuma.
The Logistics Coordinatoris to be responsible that the logistic set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
Logistics Coordinator reports to the Country Director
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines and donor requirements
- Implement NRC’s logistics systems and procedures.
- Management of the logistics team
- Training and support of line managers and staff with logistical responsibilities
- Establish filing systems/archives according to NRC standards in all offices
- Initiate and maintain necessary leases, licenses and contracts with relevant authorities and suppliers
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods
- Ensure the implementation of recommendations from audits or investigations related to logistics and procurement.
- Ensure the proper documentation management in relation to One Drive is undertaken
- Proactively ensure that NRC’s logistics systems and procedures are being implemented and followed by all staff in field offices.
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Logistics post in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- College / University, Bachelor’s degree
- Planning and delivering results
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Influencing & federating partners and teams
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
Duty station: Nairobi
Contract period is for 12 months with possibility of extension.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions, The candidate will observe NRC’s code of conduct and working hours for the NRC Office in Nairobi.
Travel: Some travelling must be expected