Logistics Officer Jobs, Logistics Jobs, Bidhaa Sasa Jobs
We are looking for a person with a passion for rural development who will build and oversee logistics, fast track order processing, stock movement and documentation, warehouse management and be the link between logistics and other departments in Bidhaa Sasa. The job holder will be expected to learn on the go and adopt best 21st-century practices.
This is a mid-level role with minimum 3 years’ experience required where the job holder will be based in Nairobi and expected to travel across our rural branches regularly.
- Develop stock forecasts and discuss purchase order schedules with the management and finance team
- Liaise with suppliers to avoid stock-outs, deal with warranty claims and replacements
- Liaise with and manage relationships with logistics and transportation partners to ensure timely delivery
- Oversee stock quantities and movements in all our branches through the respective hub manager or dedicated warehouse staff.
- Implement health and safety procedures in the warehouses
- Run stock reconciliations including physical stock counts, solve breaches and report to the management team
- Oversee distribution operations to ensure achievement of cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness. This may be through third-parties or internally through a centralised fulfillment centre, or in a hub and spoke model through our branches.
- Minimize any negative impact of logistics on customers satisfaction
- Optimize transportation modes, routes, equipment and frequency
- Coordinate reverse logistical functions for products, internal allocation, delivery, re-use, or final disposal (following disposal procedures)
- Improve timeliness and accuracy around warranties and solve claims with our suppliers.
- In conjunction with other departments fully integrate and streamline logistics with business and IT systems e.g. the inventory software, customer sales processes, order management, accounting and shipping.
- Prepare documentation for imports where necessary and liaise with freight forwarding agents for effective clearing of imports.
- Analyse logistical problems and implement improvements to logistics processes while preparing the relevant documentation.
- Strong commercial awareness and financial numeracy skills. Generally, if you don’t like numbers, this won’t be for you.
- Be logical and have a systematic approach to work
- Attitude to accept challenges. As you can see from above, you’ll be doing everything and everything, and you’ll be held accountable for it. A positive attitude to continued learning is fundamental.
- IT proficiency and ability to handle electronic data, especially ability to master the business’ inventory software
- Ability to work in a continuously and often rapidly changing business environment. As mentioned elsewhere, you’d need to still build a lot of things and not shy away from the challenge.
- Ability to prepare process documentation and reports to management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well as part of a team. You’ll be overseeing a remote team either directly or technically in case they don’t report directly to you. Without excellent communication skills, both oral and written, that may be hard.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills. A lot needs to get done.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics, supply chain or relevant field
- At least 3 years relevant experience in the materials management role. If your previous roles have taken you deep into rural Kenya that would be a clear advantage.
- In-depth knowledge of the consumer goods industry
- Knowledge of logistics and inventory management systems highly recommended
Our culture – We are the right organization for you if
- You believe in the potential of rural communities to improve their family’s lives and are eager to ensure everyone has an equal part in Kenya’s development. We put the client at the centre of all our decisions and actions.
- You enjoy the thrill of start-up life, where we fail and learn from it, where things change fast, and every day brings new challenges. We are a close-knit team working tirelessly to achieve something that has not been done before!
- You are excited about working in a multi-cultural environment, where we have open communication channels, are transparent about challenges and mistakes, learn from each other and respect and leverage our diversity to make the business work.
- You want your ideas to be heard and participate in business strategy: Our team is collaborative and supportive. We listen to insights from our staff and clients, because we know that otherwise we can’t succeed.
Ranging from Ksh. 60,000 to Ksh. 80,000 gross per month. Working days are Monday to Friday with additional tasks that may need to be done on Saturdays.
How To Apply
Deadline for submitting applications 17th August 2019;
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis;
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Bidhaa Sasa does not charge any fees for recruitment