- Managing Port Logistics Operations and ensuring timely and cost effective delivery of services.
- Coordinating and providing logistics support to cargo Operations.
- Identifying any operational bottlenecks towards achieving good productivity and looking for solutions.
- Ensuring efficiency in Cargo movement and storage (Good traffic flow system).
- Analysing data, Monitoring performance and planning for improvement.
- Providing specialized advice to the General Manager Operations on Logistics matters.
- Ensuring efficient planning and coordination of the operations by offering Logistics advice where applicable.
- Ensuring overall target set for the branch are archived and sustained.
- Knowledge in Port Operations will be an added advantage
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in provision of logistics services with at least three (3) years served at a supervisory level.
- Be a valid member of a relevant professional body and be of good standing
- Possess a Diploma in Shipping or Port Management /Operations from a recognised institution
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields; Maritime Affairs, Business Administration, Logistics, Transport, Shipping or in any other relevant field from a recognized institution
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.