V/NO:11/2019 J/G ‘P’
- Participating in the formulation, review and implementation of County Development Plans, Policies, Strategies and Programmes;
- Making follow-up and reporting on the implementation of SDGs;
- Preparing policy briefs, reviews and reports on the status of County Economy;
- Facilitating government departments to develop donor funding proposals;
- Presenting statistical data in the form of survey reports and bulletins;
- Providing input in the development of guidelines for the preparation of County Integrated Development Plans and Strategic Plans and;
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the implementation of County and sector specific programmes, projects and activities.
For appointment to this position, one MUST:
- Have a relevant working experience of five (5) years;
- Be in possession of Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Economics, Statistics, Economics and Mathematics, Economics and Finance or Economics and Statistics and Statistics from a recognised institution;
- A Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Economics (Policy Management, Economics, Public Finance), Statistics, Project Planning and Management, Philosophy in Economics, Public Policy, Economics of Development or Rural Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Have attended a Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from Kenya School of Government;
- Be in possession of a Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
- Have demonstrated professional competence and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results.
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download and duly fill a job application form provided on our website: www.tanariver.go.ke/vacancies attach and submit their applications with updated CV, a copy of National Identity Card, copies of academic and professional certificates, names and contacts of three (3) referees, and other relevant testimonials to:
The Board Secretary/CEO
County Public Service Board of Tana River
P.O. Box 181 – 70101
All applications clearly specifying the position applied for on the top left side of the envelope should be received on or before Monday 18th March, 2019.
All applicants MUST comply with the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
Kindly note that only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted. Any canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
The County Government of Tana River is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and persons living with disabilities (PDWs) are encouraged to apply.