The LM&E Officer will be responsible for the design and implementation of M&E framework that is integral to achieving MESPT objectives. He/she will be responsible for monitoring and ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that MESPT maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs at a cost effective and timely manner.
- Review, analyze, and compile monthly, quarterly, annual activity reports to comply MESPT reporting requirements;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to the CEO on the goal achievements;
- Manage the MESPT Resource Centre;
- Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops;
- Provide tools for measurable performance Indicators;
- Assist in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from MESPT project innovations and new products initialization;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports based on project activities;
- Prepare risk alerts on projects that may be unsuccessful;
- Develop M&E system for the MESPT partners, donors, stakeholders;
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures;
- Monitor all MESPT activities’ expenditures and progress towards achieving outputs;
- Recommend further improvement especially on business processes, implementation of projects and other business systems and tools;
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the project success;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results;
- Monitor the sustainability of the project’s results;
- Provide feedback on business strategies and models;
- Educate and train staff, partners, and volunteers on the guidelines, surveys and use of other data collection tools as per organizational & donor indicators and requirements;
- Conduct regular reviews of achievements against planned targets and share identified performance and budget utilization gaps to relevant users;
- Update the organizational dashboard based on approved progress reports;
- Enhance data quality control through identification of data quality gaps;
- Spearhead performance improvement through data quality assessments and performance reviews;
- Coordinate and enforce data quality compliance of external M&E resource persons in line with existing M&E system; and
- Update M&E risk register and other M&E policies and frame works based on emerging risks incidents and implementation issues
- University Degree preferably in, Economics, Finance, statistics, Social studies or related field;
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in development programmes;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Familiarity with principles & current approaches to M&E using both quantitative and qualitative methods;
- Flexible, able to deal with ambiguity and changes in designing and monitoring M&E systems and standards;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, statistical packages) and the Internet;
- Must be willing to travel in‐country and provide on‐side leadership and training;
- Self‐motivated and able to work without close supervision;
- Excellent organization and planning skills; detail oriented;
- Expertise in analysing data using statistical software’s;
- Good report writing, communication and presentation skills.
How To Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters, detailed CV with email address, daytime telephone contacts, names and email contacts of 3 professional referees, with one being the current supervisor to: email@example.com quoting, Job Reference and Job Title in the subject line.
Applicants should indicate their current and expected salaries in their application letters.
Please do not send certificates at this stage.
Deadline for applications is Friday, 25th January 2019 at 4.00 p.m.
MESPT is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and committed to Gender Equity and Diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.