- Coordinating, planning and running various workshops such as carpentry, rail, truck, and, metal work among others and oversee the activities at the workshop.
- Coordinating, planning, designing and constructing minor projects.
- Ensuring the timely completion of work programmes by proper supervision of staff.
- Overseeing plan implementation of maintenance and directs projects.
- Recommending requisition of materials for maintenance and ensuring that the same is utilized properly.
- Recommending duty travel, leave, imprest cash payment, third party payments, material requisitions and work orders in the SAP system.
- Overseeing civil engineering aspects of CSR projects.
- Preparation of EXCOM Memos.
- Be a holder of a Bachelors and a Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Be registered as an Engineer with Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) with valid annual practicing certificate.
- Be a valid member of the Institute of Engineers of Kenya (IEK) and be of good standing
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in maintenance of infrastructure in a reputable organization
- Knowledge in Port Infrastructure and Operations will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.