They are a growing company bursting with innovation, creativity and passion. Our customers dream of a better night’s sleep, a welcoming place to host their guests, a fun and safe place for their children to play.
But they tell us this isn’t easy – they have to settle for low-quality furnishings or break the bank. Join us in building the products, the brand and the network to put quality living within everyone’s reach.
Here’s what our team has accomplished in the few years since our founding:
- Reached over 100,000 Kenyan homes with our products
- Attracted global investment to continue fuelling our growth and vision
- Supported the growth of over 200 small furniture businesses across the country
- Grown from a start-up to mid-sized company
What You’ll Do
Moko’s Management Accountant tracks and controls our finances as we work to put a smile on the faces of millions of customers. You’ll lead our accounting team, supporting them in offering top-notch service to our customers and other teams. Your dream come true is a company with reconciled books, on-time management reports and strong internal controls and compliance – you’ll be directly involved in making all of this happen. This role is perfect for experienced accountants looking to gain or build their management skills and eager to join a dynamic, growing company.
Financial and accounting operations:
- Manage the entire accounting and finance spectrum e.g AR, AP, GL, depreciation, prepayments, reconciliations etc.
- Responsible for the day to day accounting operations by ensuring compliance with the companies’ internal procedures and generally accepted accounting standards
- Support the Finance Manager in ensuring cost allocations to cost centres in line with management agreement and transfer pricing policy
- Maintain the company’s asset register
Financial and Statutory Reporting:
- Preparations of timely and accurate monthly/quarterly management reports
- Support the Finance Manager in preparation of end – year Company and statutory accounts in readiness for audit and coordination of audit process
- Responsible for all statutory compliance reporting including VAT, PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, HELB, WHT, Advance tax, Income tax instalments
- Prepare a monthly budget- cost variance analysis and communicate early-warning of cost overruns
Lead, grow and continuously improve your team
- Manage a team of accounting officers while supporting their professional development
- Ensure your team consistently offers high level of service delivery to our customers and other teams
Career Growth + Compensation
Moko invests in building the capacity and skills within our team. Your manager will invest significant time in your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship from the management team. Because of our rapid growth, we constantly have new roles opening up and opportunities in many functions. This results in fast career growth for those who are ready to take up the challenge.
- A preference for CPA II and/or A University Degree in Accounting/Finance
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant experience in a Financial and Management Accounting.
- Job Knowledge – Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits the ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail— Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications especially, word and Excel
- Good knowledge of any accounting software e.g Sage, SAP, Pastel & Quick Books
- An enthusiastic individual with outstanding problem-solving skills
- An initiative taker who enjoys working independently once you receive clear directions from the manager
- Eager to join a mid-sized and quickly-growing organization and team
How to Apply
Deadline for receiving applications: Monday, 07 January 2019
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we will not be able to move forward with your application.