Manager Jobs, Finance & Accounts Jobs, Finance Jobs, KLDC Jobs
JOB GRADE KLDC 3 (1 Position)
Job Ref No.: KLDC/007/2019
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Consolidating the budget and revised budget as per guidelines issued.
- Authorizing all expenditure as per set ceilings.
- Ensuring timely, accurate preparation of expenditure returns from departments, sections and regional offices, where applicable.
- Supervising preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial management reports.
- Ensuring quarterly financial management reports are submitted to parent Ministry and National Treasury as per PFM Act.
- Developing and reviewing supplementary financial policies, procedures, and regulations to enhance internal controls established through Treasury regulations and procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with Treasury regulations and procedures in financial management.
- Authorizing payments and signing of cheques subject to set limits.
- Liaising with parent Ministry and National Treasury for release of funds.
- Handling all correspondences relating to the Department with external parties.
- Reviewing all audit queries pertaining to the Department.
- Interpreting National Treasury circulars issued from time to time.
- Training and development of finance staff.
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:-
- Have a minimum of ten (10) years work experience, at least three (3) of which should be in a management position in the Public Service or Private Sector.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Finance or Accounting option), Economics, Business Administration, Business Management or other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Possession of a Masters Degree in any of the following:- Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution is an added advantage.
- Be a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) or Certified Public Accountant Part III (CPA K,) or Associate of Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA).
- Have a certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Be a member in good standing of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or or any other recognized professional body.
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Demonstrate competence in work performance.
How To Apply
Interested candidates are expected to fulfill the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya. Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application, copies of the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance/Compliance Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from recognized Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Suitably qualified candidates are advised to download and complete the Candidates’ Profile and Application Form (from the ‘Vacancies’ section at www.leathercouncil.go.ke) indicating the Job Reference Number on the Job Application Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org attaching certified copies of academic certificates and professional qualifications and National ID. Hand-delivered application can also be dropped at the Council’s Reception Desk located at CPA Centre, 5th Floor, Thika Road, next to KCA University.