Reporting to Principal Civil Engineer (Planning & Design)the job holder is responsible for designing of marine structures and supervision of the maintenance and rehabilitation of the same.
- Dealing with staff matters for staff working under him including training and ensuring that there is high performance and discipline.
- Carrying out research on information necessary for short and long term planning.
- Formulating project design concepts and in so doing evaluates and prepare cost estimates for budgetary purposes as well as preparation of tender documents.
- Holding brief with consultants on projects being undertaken.
- Supervising projects undertaken by Contractors and in house projects enforcing compliance with specifications, drawings, conditions of contracts and quality.
- Ensuring compliance with conditions of contract specifications and budgetary provisions.
- Planning and prioritizing execution of works.
- Maintaining adequate and updated records, drawings and plans for the projects undertaken and/or alterations carried to existing facilities.
- Issuing completion certificates for completed projects.
- Providing technical advice on modification, rehabilitation and repairs following damage to marine structures.
- Be a holder of BSc Degree in Civil Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution
- Be a Registered as an Engineer with Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) with valid annual practicing license.
- Be a member of the Institute of Engineers of Kenya (IEK) and be of good standing.
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in marine maintenance and rehabilitation gained from a reputable organization
- Knowledge in Port Infrastructure and Operations and/or Maritime industry will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.