Mechatronics Engineer Job at Reeds Africa
Our client a leading manufacturer of consumer goods in East Africa is looking to hire a Mechatronics Engineer.
To lead the implementation of automation projects and troubleshooting electronics related faults on equipment.
Mechatronics Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Implementing the departmental strategy in line with the policies processes and procedures achieve the institutions objectives.
- Implement processes and procedures to ensure compliance of the Integrated Management System (Quality, EMS, OHS) and regulatory standards.
- Design and implement an advanced electronic control system for mechanical systems.
- Analyze existing engineering and production procedures and suggest improvements
- Assist in designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability
- Design advanced precision equipment for accurate or controlled applications.
- Design, develop or implement control circuits or algorithms for electromechanical or pneumatic devises or systems.
- Conduct studies to determine the feasibility, costs or performance benefits of new and existing Mechatronics equipment for CAPEX investments
- Apply Mechatronics or automated solutions to the transfer of materials, components or finished goods.
- Design self-monitoring mechanical systems, such as gear systems that monitor loading or condition of systems to detect and prevent failures.
- Monitor or calibrate automated systems, industrial control systems or system components to maximize efficiency of production.
- Planning and monitoring respective technical projects by preparing budgets, cash flows and time schedules to ensure no cost overrun.
- Identify and select materials appropriate for mechatronic system designs and upgrade the design of such devices by adding mechatronic elements.
- Research, select, or apply sensors, communication technologies, or control devices for motion control, position sensing, pressure sensing, or electronic communication.
- Provide consultation and guidance on topics such as mechatronics or automated control.
- Benchmarking and Implementing best practices in manufacturing and respective areas of work
Implementing product quality, customer & Service Excellence and Change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
- Design, source and implement engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks
- Ensure machine availability & Operational Efficiency
- Achieve Quality targets
- Achieve Cost targets
Qualifications for the Mechatronics Engineer Job
- Degree in Mechatronics Engineer or equivalent
- At-least 5-year relevant experience in food Manufacturing industry.
- Should be a member of a professional body
- Should have Leadership, Engineering, Analytical and Employee Relation Skills
- Should have Teamwork, Communication and IT skills
How to Apply
All applications should be done on or before close of business 5th October 2018 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted