Reporting to the Head of Medical Services The job holder is responsible for provision of comprehensive curative and preventive medical care to eligible staff and their dependents in accordance with statutory requirements and policy provisions within the resources of the Authority.
- Promptly attending to, correctly diagnoses and appropriately treating patients at our Clinics to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Prescribing Medication to the patients at the Clinics.
- Conducting external referrals when cases are beyond the Clinics.
- Monitoring proper out-patient medical care on daily basis.
- Visiting and reviewing patients routinely in the Recovery Rooms when requested by the Clinical Officers.
- Ascertaining all medication given under KPA’s Medical Regulations.
- Participating in free medical camps as part of the Authority’s Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Medical and Surgery from a recognised institution
- A Master’s Degree in a health related field and/or a Diploma in Industrial & Occupational Health from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Be registered practitioner with the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board, Kenya or other relevant body, with valid practicing/annual retention license;
- Possess a valid Indemnity insurance Cover
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in provision of medical care with at least three (3) years served at a supervisory level.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.