Medical Officer Jobs, Medical Jobs, MTRH Jobs
JOB GRADE MTRH 6
- Formulate, implement and review of health policies, regulations, standards, guidelines and protocols.
- Provide clinical care, general/community diagnosis and treatment, and rehabilitation of patients.
- Undertake medical examinations and write reports.
- Conduct disease prevention, surveillance and control.
- Provide emergency response and clinical care services during disaster.
- Undertake health research.
- Provide forensic and medico-legal services;
- Provide medical psycho-social interventions.
- Provide medical health education and promotion.
- Facilitate Medical Boards’ proceedings.
- Facilitate training of interns and other health personnel.
- Establish and manage health information systems.
Medical officer Responsibilities include:
- Clerking, investigating and managing patients;
- Conducting weekly clinic and theatre days;
- Performing emergency surgeries;
- Working with Medical Specialists in wards, theatres and clinics;
- Undertaking medico-legal duties including filling of P.3 forms, court attendance and performing post mortems;
- Undertaking medical examinations;
- Responding to intern calls;
- Training and supervising Medical Officers (Interns) and other students;
- Carrying out outreach services;
- Ensuring data and information is collected, transmitted and utilized to benefit the customer and service provider; and
- Preparing medical reports.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience in a busy hospital.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board.
- Completed one (1) year internship.
- Registration Certificate by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Effective communication skills.
- Policy and strategic implementation.
- Risk Management.
- Technical competence.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Empowering/ delegating.
- High standards of professional ethics.
- Managerial, administrative, supervisory skills.
- Coping with pressure and setbacks.
How To Apply
The successful candidates will still be entitled to applicable allowances to these grades.
If you are innovative, self-starter, results-oriented individual and you meet the above requirements, please send six (6) hard copies of your application with detailed C.V, together with certified copies of your relevant academic/professional testimonials and three (3) letters from referees of whom two (2) must be from your profession to:
Chief Executive Officer
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital
Chandaria Cancer and Chronic Disease Centre
P O Box 3-30100
The deadline for submitting full applications will be on Friday, 31st May 2019 at 5:00 pm.
Moi Teaching and Referral Hospital is an equal opportunity Employer. Women, Persons Living with Disability (PLWDs) and those from Marginalized Areas are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification and only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.