Assistant Director of Medical Services/Medical Specialist II (Radiologist) Job at Kakamega County
Department of Health Services
Radiologist Job Responsibilities
- Reporting x-rays, CT scans, MRI that needs interpretation;
- Conducting specialized diagnostics or interventions such as Barium meals IVPs, Barium Enemas, and Ultrasound, Sialograms, OPGs, Intra-oral Periapical (IOPAs) Bilateral bitewings (BBW) etc;
- Providing mentorship/ capacity building for staff in the facility;
- Providing imaging referral services intra and inter- counties as may be applicable;
- Offering tele-radiology services and
- Any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the Radiologist Job
- For appointment to this grade, one must:
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Masters degree in Radiology from an institution recognized by Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board;
- Have Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B;Ch.B) degree from an institution recognized by Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board;
- Have served as a Senior Medical Officer for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have Registration License and a valid practicing license from the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board; and
- Certificate of proficiency in computer operations from a recognized institution.
Terms of Service: Contract
NOTE: APPLICANTS FOR THE ABOVE POSITIONS ARE REQUIRED TO GET CLEARANCE FROM THE UNDERLISTED ORGANISATIONS TO MEET REQUIREMENTS OF CHAPTER SIX OF THE CONSTITUTION OF KENYA 2010:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the application documents.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents to:
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100
The position applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of residence in the application.
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at
Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor.
All applications should reach this office on or before 19th October, 2018.
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer
Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
NOTE: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted