Quantity Surveyor Job at Migori County
Ref: MCPSB / 250/2018
Terms of Service: Permanent
The Officer is to work under the supervision and guidance of County Director Housing and community services
- Develop BOQ for new projects at contract documentation;
- Carry our assessment of property, buildings for the purpose of maintenance, repair, upgrading or demolition;.
- Supervise projects and value works for purposes of payments;
- Supervising construction works and preparing measurement of on-going works;.
- Prepare estimates and budgets for new projects;
- Valuation of projects for purpose of payment, claims, acquisition, litigation or any other government purpose;
- Preparing contract documents, procurement plans, budgets, work plans;.
- Performing risk analysis evaluation and appraisals;.
- Supervision of staff. Qualifications
- Be a Kenyan citizen
- Be in possession of Bachelor’s degree in Building Economics / Quantity Surveying or its equivalent and relevant qualifications from a university recognized in Kenya; and
- Be registered by the relevant professional body e.g. BORAQs
- Have worked as a quantity surveyor in a busy office for a minimum of 5 years;
- Have strong numeracy, financial management and negotiation skills;
- Providing cost management services including invoice validation, cost forecasting and reporting, change management, close out administration and procurement management;
- Possess business etiquette with a strong work ethic, high level of integrity, results oriented, and ability to deliver under pressure;
- Be conversant with Microsoft Office and other relevant computer based costing and design packages;
- Have demonstrated professional competence and administrative ability in the line of duty;
- Have met the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya; and Public Officer Ethics Act 2003
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Msomi Teachers’ College on Migori/Isebania Highway.
All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Monday December 17, 2018 at 5:00 pm
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, applicants must obtain the following clearance:
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC)
- Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
Women, People Living With Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply,
Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification;
Migori County Public Service Board is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.