Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL) Advisor Job at Jhpiego
Jhpiego is a nonprofit global leader in the creation and delivery of transformative health care solutions for the developing world. In partnership with national governments, health experts and local communities, we build health providers’ skills and we develop systems that save lives now and guarantee healthier futures
for women and their families. Our aim is revolutionizing health care for the planet’s most disadvantaged people.
The Impact Malaria Project awarded to PSI and managed by a consortium of partners and funded by PMI / USAID, aims to reduce malaria associated morbidity and mortality.
In Kenya the project is led by Jhpiego. Impact Malaria supports malaria diagnosis, case management and prevention of malaria in pregnancy in 8 priority counties: Bungoma, Busia, Kakamega, Vihiga, Migori, Homa Bay, Siaya and Kisumu.
We are seeking experienced individuals with excellent management and technical skills, who are team players, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work in a high-pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities to fill the following positions:
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL) Advisor
Based in Kisumu
Reporting to the Chief of Party, the MERL Advisor will be responsible for all Monitoring Evaluation and Research Learning (MERL) activities in the whole of IM project.
S/he will lead the MER function of the project specifically, in the development of the M&E framework, monitoring of project implementation, reporting of the key project indicators, and take the lead in promoting and spearheading all research activities of the project.
S/he will lead M&E capacity building for the project partners, technical reporting, data quality assurance, and building the capacity for the implementation of an effective M&E/HMIS system.
Responsibilities for the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL) Advisor Job
- Contribute to strategic planning, implementation and monitoring of the MER activities of the project
- Develop tools and strategies to improve evidence based programming
- Compile and analyze data for performance monitoring and evaluation to allow the project team to have a good overview of project performance
- Develop and maintain a system for archiving M&E guidelines, tools, data files, analysis files, report and presentations for each major activity undertaken
- Provide Leadership in program management and supervision of field staff, ensure timely program implementation, planning, development and management activities function smoothly and efficiently
- Support development of county annual work plans
Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL) Advisor Qualifications:
- A Master’s degree in M&E, computer science, statistics, epidemiology, or a public health-related field
- 8 years of work experience working in monitoring and evaluation for public health projects
- Excellent understanding and management of USAID programs
- Extensive experience in monitoring and evaluation and health information management system
- Knowledge of DHIS-2 including developing dashboards.; Proven computer skills in Word Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access, SPSS;
- Basic monitoring and evaluation principles and procedures; programmatic, administrative, and financial skills needed to develop M&E Plans, HMIS formats, and work plans;
- Excellent communications skills – both verbal, written and presentation.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees to the following email address: HR.Kenya@jhpiego.org by 28th September 2018.
Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity.
Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.