Our client is one of the leading social consultancy firms in Kenya carrying offering monitoring and evaluation services to the International and local NGOs and business entities. They seek to hire a highly qualified person in the role of Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator will be responsible for implementing and managing the M&E activities for a multi-year program, including the coordination of externally conducted evaluations as well as the development and implementation of a Comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation Plan.
The M&E Coordinator will work closely with the program team and partners overseeing the implementation of the program’s monitoring and evaluation activities and data reporting requirements. S/he will also serve as the liaison and point of contact with external evaluation contractors throughout the life of the program.
- Manage a rigorous approach to monitoring and evaluation, including systems for monitoring performance toward specific goals and objectives.
- Collaborate and liaise with the external evaluation contractor to design and carry out an impact evaluation on specific program interventions.
- Design data collection instruments, schedules, analysis methods, and applied technologies.
- Supervise timely and accurate reporting of quantitative and qualitative data by program implementing partners, in cooperation with program staff.
- Collaborate and liaise with local civil society actors to build and implement M&E tools for identifying, collecting information and producing documentation on child labor and forced labor and/or other violations of acceptable conditions for work.
- Contribute to research design and methodology for program-related research.
- Monitor the results of the program’s activities; lead in developing tools for effective and timely utilization of monitoring results for more responsive implementation; contribute to periodic evaluations/assessments of specific interventions; and lead the dissemination of project results to internal and external audiences.
- Contribute to quarterly and annual reports.
Develop reports from program data and research for learning and dissemination
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field, and/or specialized training/certification in monitoring & evaluation. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of professional experience in the monitoring and evaluation of international development programs. Related experience can include strategic planning and performance measurement, indicator selection, target setting, reporting and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Experience with partnership building and facilitation, especially with civil society organizations
- Experience with M&E approaches under US Government-funded programs will be an asset.
- Experience designing and implementing comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English is required.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet (preferably Microsoft Access and Excel), and presentation software (Microsoft PowerPoint) as well as other database and statistical applications (SPSS, SAS, STATA)
How to apply
Applicants can send their CV and state the position applied for in their subject of the email to us before 11th March 2019.
Kindly do not apply if you do not meet minimum requirements.
- Recours Four Kenya Consultants Limited
- Apply Online: https://r4kenya.com/jobs/monitoring-and-evaluation-coordinator-jobs-in-kenya-apply-here/