Our client is an oil marketing company. They seek to hire an experienced Outlet Manager to set up and run the franchise restaurants for the company. S/He must have prior experience managing multiple restaurants as they will work closely with senior management and operating partners on strategic business planning and operations. S/He will also oversee the daily operations and monthly financial performance of the outlets.
Gross Salary: 200k – 250k
Location: Nairobi with extensive travel across Kenya
- Create brand guidelines and standard operating procedures
- Comply with legal requirements
- Create a unique, innovative, entertaining and cost-effective menu that will differentiate the organization from the rest of the competition.
- Help create the ideal kitchen layout and assist in sourcing the equipment and fittings required for the restaurants
- Assist with creation of the look and feel of the restaurant: Colors, materials, décor, uniforms, merchandise, plates, cutlery etc.
- Support the operating partner in training staff and implementing procedures; ensuring the company’s standard is maintained at all times
- Develop supplier contracts for all product categories for the outlets to support the menu choice.
- Manage compliance with food and beverage hygiene policies and procedures.
- Manage external service providers.
- Oversee cost controlling and food purchasing activity.
- Implementation of a dedicated IT system for cafe/restaurant explicit and supermarket.
- Create and document policies and procedures including but not limited to stock management, Customer service, HR policy, Quality control, and OSHA.
- Create and source for the equipment and fittings required for the restaurants
- Bachelors’ Degree in Hospitality Management or a related field
- Experience in Business Management and Operations
- Must have over 5 years’ experience in Restaurant Operations
- Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash-flow management
- Familiarity with project management and IT systems
- International experience is desirable but not a requirement
- Must have leadership skills and be a team player.
- Proficiency in any hotel operating and accounting system and Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
- The suitable candidate should be of unquestionable integrity and mature
- They should also be dynamic and a team player
- Should also have experience in internal auditing and in all areas of accounting
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurized environment
How to Apply