Internal Auditor Job at Multimedia University
Multimedia University of Kenya is a chartered public university located in the City of Nairobi within a serene environment about 25 kilometers to the south of the City along Magadi Road. The University is inviting applications for the following non-teaching from suitably qualified persons:
Grade MNT8 (1 Position),
The applicants for the position MUST possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines: – Commerce (Accounting or Finance option); Business Administration (Accounting or Finance option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; OR
- Part III of the Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Examination or Part III of the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution; and
- Certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution.
This is the entry and training grades for this cadre. Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Gathering, collating and analyzing financial data and reports to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of funds utilization;
- Assessing compliance with regulations and guidelines in the University;
- Carrying out audit checks and verification of payments;
- Undertaking spot-checks;
- Undertaking special audit investigations;
- Interpreting financial audit policies for sound auditing principles/ practices;
- Providing input in the implementation audit fieldwork strategy;
- Providing input in the implementation annual audit work plans; and
- Conducting post audit reviews.
- To perform such other duties as shall be assigned or delegated from time to time.
Terms And Conditions:
The appointment will be for a contractual period of three (3) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes. The successful candidate will be offered competitive remuneration package which includes among others, basic salary, medical cover, house, transport and leave allowances.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit ten (10) copies of their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, e-mail address, telephone contacts, postal address, current post, copy of current pay slip, copy of their original National Identification Card (ID), certified copies of academic, professional certificates and testimonials. They should provide clearance certificates from the following organizations:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
Certificate of Good Conduct Applicants should also ensure that their certificates are certified by KNEC and attach evidence of certification from KNEC.
Any candidate who will have presented forged document(s) shall automatically be disqualified.
They should also provide three (3) referees who are knowledgeable about their competence and areas of specialization, one of which must be a recent/last employer.
The referees should submit their confidential reports in sealed envelopes clearly marked with the specific reference number, to the address here below.
Applicants should quote the reference of the position applied for on the envelope; fill the summary sheet (attached) in MS Word and send it to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: MMU is an equal opportunity employer thus, women, persons with disability and minority groups are encouraged to apply. Applications should reach the undersigned on or before Friday, 23rd February, 2018.
Multimedia University of Kenya
PO. Box 15653 – 00503 NAIROBI – KENYA
e-mail address: email@example.com