Sales Representative Job at Murang’a County Creameries Processing
Job Group ‘K’
The main duty of a Sales Representative is to serve customers by selling products to them and thus meeting their needs.
- Servicing existing accounts, obtaining orders, and establishing new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets,
- Focusing sales efforts by studying current and potential volume of customers.
- Submitting orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeping management informed by submitting routine activity reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitoring competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules and merchandising techniques.
- Recommending changes in products and services, by evaluating results and competitor activities,
- Resolving customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions;
- Preparing reports and making recommendations to management.
- Keeping abreast of modern sales techniques by attending educational workshops;
- Reviewing professional publications;
- Establishing personal networks;
- Participating in professional societies.
- Providing historical records on own area customer sales data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales,
- Commerce or business management
- At least 3 years of experience in selling Fast Moving Consumer Goods
Skills and Competencies
- Customer Service Skills,
- Ability to speak in a friendly way to customers and potential customers,
- Good listening skills,
- Ability to offer and communicate options to customers,
- Good Communication Skills-speaking to customers about a product’s different features, and answering any questions they might have.
- Flexibility and ability to work long hours, nights or weekends.
- Persistence with ability to bounce back after losing a sale.
How to Apply
Application forms and details of the vacancies can be accessed at www.murang’a.go.ke Applications should be submitted to the Public Service Board clearly indicating the position applied for ad reference number on the envelope addressed to:
Murang’a County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 52 – 10200
Applications can be hand delivered at the County Public Service Board Office located within the County Governor’s office, Murang’a on or before close of business on 8th January 2019.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Women, minorities and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Applicants from other Counties are encouraged to apply