National Family Strengthening Program Manager Jobs, NGO Jobs, SOS Children’s Village Jobs
SOS Children’s Villages (SOS CV) Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV – International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu. SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit a suitably qualified person for the following position:
National Family Strengthening Program Manager – National Office Nairobi.
Key Functions of the Job
The National FSP Manager position is a full time job within the SOS Children’s Villages Kenya (SOSCV KE) and he/she reports to the Director of National Programmes & Quality (DNP&Q).
The Manager should have experience in a multi-cultural environment, have sound experience in programme design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; child rights programming; interpersonal and reporting writing skills and be of unquestionable integrity.
S/he will lead the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Family Strengthening programmes in identified locations; establish strategic partnerships with Government and Non Governmental agencies implementing FS programmes; take part in resource mobilization activities for FS programmes and report on the FS programmes as advised by the DNP&Q.
- Lead the design of new FS programmes with the support of the DNP&Q; facilitate baseline studies for new programmes and regular Child Rights Situation Analysis (CRSA) to guide the implementation of FS Programmes.
- Develop and apply Monitoring and evaluation tools, plans and indicators in assessing progress made by FS programmes in line with SOS CV Kenya’s FS strategy.
- Conduct regular field visits to assess progress made by targeted families and otherpartners and identify areas of improvement.
- Facilitate documentation of promising practices, reports and replicable FS models for learning and programme improvement.
- Represent SOS CV Kenya in forums related to FS as advised by the DNP&Q.
- Support the FS programme team and partners in the identification of capacity development areas; development and implementation of capacity building strategies to address the gaps.
- Implement the Ensure the implementation of Family Development Plans (FDP) with the concerned families.
- Ensure that the right procedures and policies are followed in admitting and exiting beneficiaries into and from the programme.
- Support the FS programme in developing and applying monitoring and evaluation plans to monitor and report on progress made by targeted families.
- Support the FS staff in implementing all relevant organizational policies in the programmes to ensure full compliance to the policies of SOS Children’s Villages Kenya, SOS-Kinderdorf International and the respective programme donors.
- Identify strategic partners and engage them in structured partnerships for the benefit SOS CV Kenya and its beneficiaries.
- Work with the DNP&Q, the Institutional Partnership Development (IPD) Manager and other Managers to develop concept papers, proposals and other applications for funding FS programmes.
- Maintains good relationships with local and international partners by ensuring prompt correspondence and providing regular updates on the programmes’ progress as guided by the DNP&Q and organizational policies.
- Degree in Social Sciences; Post Graduate qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Minimum eight (8) years relevant professional in program design, management, monitoring and evaluation in an NGO set up.
- Strong planning and team management skills, budgeting and reporting.
- Sound knowledge of the children’s sector in Kenya, the relevant laws and policies governing the sector; Family and community strengthening approaches.
- Must have no criminal record.
- Commitment to professional development.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people from diverse cultural, religious ethnic and gender affiliations.
- Experience in providing general support in a large team, and an experienced team player.
- Energetic, willing and ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Excellent quality, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Commitment to process of continuous improvement.
How To Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application letter(stating current and expected pay) & updated CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 20th August 2019 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.