Control Room Operator Job at National Oil Corporation
The National Oil Corporation of Kenya is a fully integrated State Corporation involved in all aspects of the petroleum supply chain covering the upstream oil and gas exploration, midstream petroleum infrastructure development and downstream marketing of petroleum products.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, (National Nairobi Terminal, the ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting product receipts, storage inventory verification, assisting in the loading process and coordinating maintenance within the Terminal.
- Participating in calibration exercise on the gantry equipment e.g. PD meters calibrations, and back loading exercise;
- Ensuring maintenance of safety valves and loading devices / equipment are kept to highest working condition;
- Ensuring accurate ullage calculation before pump overs from HMI;
- Effectively communicating with KPC during pump over operation;
- Carrying out monthly testing of level detectors for high levels;
- Documenting tank dipping before and after, product density and temperature;
- Timely measuring, documenting and updating fuel FACS on all measurements;
- Ensuring pre – inspection of loading equipment are done to minimize any event of breakdown during loading;
- Timely attending of breakdown on loading equipment;
- Ensuring utility equipment like GENSET are well maintained to enhance continuous loading in case of power failure;
- Keeping updated reports on trucks turn around;
- Ensuring continuous monitoring of SCADA system and clear alarm in event in event of failure;
- Coordinating truck-loading queue by issuing barrier passes and order upon production of FAN for trucks to enter terminal;
- Playing a key role in emergency response team in case of fires and skills; and
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
- Diploma in Electrical and Electronics or Instrumentation or Mechatronics Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- At least two (2) years’ experience in depot operations;
- Good communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Organisational and coordination skills;
- Analytical, reviewing and interpretation skills;
- Customer service skills; and
- Project management skills.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please send your cover letter accompanied by an updated detailed C.V. to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note to quote the title of the position you are applying for in the subject field of the mailbox. To be considered, all applications must be received by 27th December 2018.
Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
National Oil is an equal opportunity employer.