Who We Are:
The hospital was started in 1909 by the Church of Scotland. It is owned and governed by the Presbyterian Church of East Africa. It is located in the Central Highlands of Kenya between the Aberdares Range and Mount Kenya 130 Km (80 Miles) North of Nairobi at an altitude of 5,900ft. It is a 203-bed hospital and provides holistic health care. Though located in a Kikuyu speaking people, the language of work is English and Swahili since not all staff are Kikuyu and from time to time it receives visitors from overseas. Medical students from abroad get their medical electives at the Hospital.
It provides general health care in medicine, surgery, pediatrics, obstetrics, and gynecology as well as outpatient services.
The hospital has a Nursing School which is training Kenya Registered Community Health Nurses. Other units are the Guest House and a Cafeteria.
- Nursing and assessment of patients
- Education to patients and their families
- Initiation of dialysis, patient, and machine monitoring during dialysis and termination of the dialysis procedure
- Home dialysis training
- Nursing care prior to and following renal transplant
- Organizing for and coordinating training for staff on renal care and
- Ensuring a safe environment for the care of patients
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants should send their applications to:
The Hospital Administrator,
P.C.E.A Tumutumu Hospital,
Private Bag – 10101,
Or send your application attaching the necessary testimonials via email to email@example.com or call 0720 948474