Bartender Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Hospitality Jobs, Jobs in Kisumu, Lee & Myles Jobs
Our client is a Four Star Hotel and is looking to hire for a position of a Bartender. The role is based in Kisumu and the successful person should either be based in Kisumu or willing to relocate.
- Welcome guests personally on their arrival
- Communicate with guests and make them feel appreciated through displayed actions
- Work in collaboration with other bar staff to keep the bar area cleaned; and stick to company’s standards at all times
- Responsible for mixing and serving both alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and dining room following standard recipes and procedures
- Receive cash payment from guests and give them change when appropriate
- Arrange glasses and bottles to maintain an attractive display in agreement with bar standards
- Sterilize and wash stemware when necessary
- Reach out to guests and offer assistance to them before they request for it
- Count drinks served to guests
- Place current bar tabs in front of guests all the time
- Be at full alert to guest signals, such as when they are raising their hands or looking directly at you, for orders
- Endeavor to know regular guests by names, occupations, and favourite drinks
- Stop serving drunk guests and call for taxi when necessary.
- Bartending Certificate/License
- 2 – 3 years’ experience as a bartender in a 3 or 4 star hotel.
- Must meet the state’s minimum serving age for alcoholic beverages
- Experience in mixing drinks
- Capable of cutting fruit into slices to be used as garnishes
- Understand alcohol safety procedures to prevent over-intoxication
- Knowledge of basic bar terminology
- Able to properly handle intoxicated patrons according and guide them accordingly whenever required.
- Understands state and county laws for required identification prior to serving alcoholic beverages
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic and monetary mathematics
- Ability to stand for long hours
- Be attentive to take and provide correct orders to customers
- Possess good dress sense for looking smart and attractive
- Possess multitasking ability for getting several tasks done with a short period
How to Apply
If you feel that you’re cut for this role, send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly quoting “BARTENDER – KISUMU” in your email subject line. Applications closes on 20th June 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.