Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Job at Foundation Institute of Africa
To lead the College in establishing performance measures, collecting and analyzing performance information, planning and managing evaluations and assisting the Mission management in using the performance information for decision-making and resource allocation.
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Job Responsibilities
- Set and head the internal College examnation council.
- Monitoring assessment practice to ensure the assessment is done according to the Council’s criteria
- Dealing with internal disputes or appeals pertaining to assessments.
- Maintaining accurate records of planned and completed internal verification.
- Verifying the assessment decision by sampling to check consistence.
- Advising and supporting assessors.
- Inducting assessors.
- Organizing and leading meetings.
- Communicating with external verifier or the Certification Council.
- Verifying competency-based assessment to ensure quality and consistency.
- Supporting and advising testing centers on improving the effectiveness and quality of assessment.
- Informing the testing centers about any changes that may take place.
- Maintaining accurate records of the results of external verification which the Council will enter into its database.
Qualifications for the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Job
- University degree preferably in social sciences, Education and/or development or other relevant discipline
- At least 2 years’ relevant working experience in field M&E implementation
- Experience in design of baseline surveys and program evaluations
- Training in monitoring and evaluation
- Fluency in Excel is a must, as well as advanced use of Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced knowledge and experience of standard Monitoring and Evaluation procedures and tools
- Experience in use of large datasets for data analysis and reporting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills
- Ability to create organizational work plans based on higher-level goals
- Ability to lead and coordinate multiple offices through multiple step processes without being a direct supervisor (although appropriate authority will be given)
- Skills in supporting staff with a variety of levels of knowledge and capabilities
- Strong organizational skills in order to balance competing priorities
- Ability to work independently to efficiently meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Oral and written communication skills to deal effectively with mid and high level partner contacts, the host government, and the local communities.
- Ability to apply Education regulations and procedures to daily work requirements.
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet programs and data base management
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV and Cover letter to email@example.com with the position as a subject line on or before 20/9/2018.