Programs Project Manager Job at Church World Service
The Resettlement Support Center (CWS RSC Africa) operates a US refugee resettlement program in sub-Saharan Africa through a Cooperative Agreement with the Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration.
CWS RSC Africa is responsible for the preparation of refugee case files for adjudication by US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, as well as the out-processing and cultural orientation of all approved cases. CWS RSC Africa is administered by the Church World Service Immigration Refugee Program (CWS/IRP) and is based in Nairobi, Kenya, with a sub-office in Pretoria, South Africa.
Duties for the Programs Project Manager Job
- Assist Programs Management to design and roll-out cross-cutting policy and procedure updates, as needed.
- Review departmental SOPs at least once annually to assist Programs Management to synchronize and standardize policies and procedures.
- Leads cross-cutting process reviews affecting multiple Programs Departments.
- Supports Programs Department strategic/annual plan processes, and communicates with all Programs Department stakeholders on progress toward planned benchmarks an achievements.
- Reviews Programs external and internal reports at least once annually to assist Programs Management to implement reporting improvements.
- Assists in the development of Programs Department budget.
- Represents CWS/RSC Africa with USRAP partners, including PRM, USCIS, IOM, UNHCR, RPC and domestic Resettlement Agencies, as needed, on specific projects or topics.
- Conducts research in support of RSC Africa Programs. Annual research objectives to be determined in coordination with Programs Management.
This position also undertakes other duties as assigned by CWS/RSC Africa Management, with key priorities and projects determined on an annual, quarterly, and monthly basis.
Programs Project Manager Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) years of paid work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Eight (8) years’ work of paid work experience is required
- Three (3) years of supervisory – managing staff, budgets, projects and/or leading teams is required
- Demonstrated management experience with a refugee serving/processing agency(s) preferred.
- Thorough knowledge and comprehensive understanding of the US Refugee Admissions Program and WRAPS database.
- Detailed knowledge of case processing SOPs and the role of WRAPS in case processing.
- Advanced computer knowledge, specifically with MS Access, MS Outlook, MS Excel and other statistical analysis programs.
- Strong English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong analytical skills and excellent report-generation skills with the ability to understand, process and document information for a variety of audiences.
- Strong supervisory skills and understanding of performance management systems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
The Programs Project Manager must have the ability to:
- work and make decisions independently and contribute to overall operations at management levels;
- travel in sub-Saharan Africa on short notice and under sometimes difficult conditions to meet demands of a dynamic operational program
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- follow instructions with a positive and receptive attitude;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, refugees and members of the general public;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail.
- carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- work independently and contribute to overall operations of RSC Africa.
- take initiative in the development and completion of projects within the specified timeframe;
- maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation.
- effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources; and
- actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP).
How to Apply:
Please click the below link to apply directly online to this position.