Night Auditor/Duty Manager Jobs, Audit Jobs, Lavington Hotel Jobs
Our client is establishing a second hotel in Nairobi, after having opened the first in 2013 outside Nairobi as a mid-range business hotel for intra-Kenyan travelers they are now bringing the brand into the heart of Nairobi. The brand is a melting pot of cultures, environments, tastes, nationalities and adventures. It has a social, informal, playful core, but does not seek to impose these in a linear manner throughout the hotel. It’s a hotel that surprises, enchants, intrigues and energises in equal measure.
The brand is defined on four key Organisational characteristics that will need to be evident in all who join the company; one MUST be Incisive, Down- to- earth, Sparkling and Adaptable.
The hotel aims to attract an entirely different kind of customer base and compete against both global and regional competitors already established at the top end of the Nairobi hotel market
Night Manager/ Auditor will represent the Management during the night. The Night Manager also assists the Front Office Manager in all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, perform night audit duties in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
The Night Manager/Auditor provides leadership and support to all members of the Front Office and enforces the Hotels Standards of Excellence in all areas supervised.
- Direct and oversee all hotel operations during the night shift to ensure guest satisfaction and safety.
- Conduct Briefing for all staff during Night Shift.
- Inform all Overnight staff of nightly activities, group and VIP arrivals as well as special requests and repeat guests.
- Check accommodations, making sure any special requests are carried out accordingly, greet guests upon arrival and ensure escort to accommodations if appropriate.
- Maintain a professional and high quality service oriented environment at all times.
- Act as manager on duty for the hotel in the absence of the Management dealing with complaints, problem solving, disturbances, special requests and any other issues that may arise.
- Manage the night shift in the department ensuring all employees perform the tasks assigned to them and coordinate Front Office activities with other departments.
- Required to welcome our guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner, ensure that the public areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Must actively participate in the decision making process on guest relocation for nights when overcapacity, execute accordingly and ensure a smooth relocation process. This effort must be coordinated with the Front Office Manager and/or Manager on Duty prior to shift start.
- Ensure the accurate completion of the daily night audit in a timely fashion.
- Should Show Initiative, Problem Solving, Staff Training, Team Leading.
- Work closely with the Housekeeping Department to improve guest services and foster cross departmental communication.
- Be aware and able to enforce all fire-life-safety procedures.
- Remain current in all updates with regards to new procedures and training.
- Report any suspicious persons, activities and/or hazardous conditions to the Security department and/or the Front Office Manager.
- Responsible for taking reservations, registering guest and responding to calls from outside the hotel and call from the guests. They check reservation to look over rooms that should be cleaned and pass this to the housekeeping department.
- Run software programs that they use to settle the cash and bank deposits. They process the credit card transactions and organize the report for the hotel manager. They check the deposits and make sure that it is synchronized with their cash and credit reports. Preparing check-out reports for those guests who are leaving is also their duty.
- Dealing with any complaints the guest may have during the night and finds solution during the next day if it has the need of the manager is another thing on the list of a Night Auditor Hotel duties. They must conform to the complaints at the most favourable time at the same time respecting their guest.
- In charge of the inventory of the housekeeping supplies and all the other supplies that they need to help run the hotel. They inform the guest on places they can visit, talk about all the areas in the hotel and the different types of room they can choose from.
- Perform night audit of hotel and outlet for revenue as per existing procedures.
- Prepare pre post room revenue report audit and assess adjustment after revenue posting.
- Perform daily audit of housekeeping report and study occupancy reports to ensure accuracy.
- Perform adjustments and corrections and rectify all computer problems that occur during night shifts.
- Operate front office operating system to generate revenue or allowances and or expenses reports in the form of the Guest Ledger Summary and the Daily Restaurant Summary.
- Provide the night/duty management report to the management.
- Communicate clearly and understand the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Work in a standing position for long periods of time .
- Proficient in computer operations including hotel management system, word, excel & outlook.
- Good people management skills, communication and listening skills. Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Understands night audit activities.
- Demonstrate time management and organizational skills.
- Must be internally motivated and detail oriented and have a passion for teaching others.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, weekends and holidays.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Honesty and Integrity