- Diploma/Certificate in Community Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition or Nutrition and Dietetics from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution and;
- Registration by the Council of the Institute of Nutritionists and Dieticians (CIND).
This will be the entry and training grade for this cadre. Work at this level will be carried out under the guidance and supervision of a senior officer.
Duties and responsibilities at this level will include:
- Assessing community nutrition needs;
- Following-up on discharge cases from hospitals;
- Screening for deficiency diseases and chronic illnesses related to nutrition in a community setting and referring them to various existing programs;
- Collecting data on nutrition and dietetics;
- Promoting baby friendly community initiatives;
- Conducting community growth, monitoring and promotion activities;
- Assisting in community interventions on diet and lifestyle disease prevention and control;
- Promoting optimal infant and young child feeding programmes;
- Assisting in running out patient supplementary feeding programs and outpatient therapeutic feeding programs;
- Following up and counselling of patients in home-based disease management;
- Carrying out nutrition health education.
How to Apply