Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is to bring lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and Western Africa providing services to over 30 countries. Employing over 1000 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $120 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners.
We are seeking to recruit Nutrition Specialist for the AFYA TIMIZA project funded by USAID which seeks to sustainably improve health outcomes for mothers, children and adolescents in Samburu and Turkana counties over a five year period (October 2016 – September 2021). The project supports enhanced access to and utilization of quality Family Planning/Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn,
Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RMNCAH) services in selected Sub-Counties in Samburu and Turkana Counties.
Main Purpose of Job:-
Under the supervision and guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party, the Nutrition Specialist, will be responsible for ensuring that project activities are fully implemented through provision of nutrition technical support and mentorship in accordance with Amref rules and regulations and donor requirements.
- Ensure quality implementation of USAID AFYA TIMIZA Project Nutrition interventions which involve; the integration of NACS, scale up of HINI, IMAM/CMAM, BFHI/BFCI and SBC.
- Provide Technical Oversight for Nutrition Interventions and Activities in AFYA TIMIZA Project sites
- Liaise with CDOH/ CHMT to ensure strong nutrition program delivery
- Follow up on the results of activities and planned nutrition interventions implemented
- Monitor nutrition program implementation to ensure it is delivered in line with best practice standards for nutrition programming
- Mentor and train project staff and CDOH/CHMT/SCHMT staff to ensure a high quality of nutrition program delivery
- Collaborate with relevant organizations and partners to ensure Amref Health Africa in Kenya’s programming is in line with nutrition sector working group standards and approaches
- Liaise with other nutrition actors to deliver a high quality SMART Survey and HINI
- Contribute to efforts in the nutrition working group to develop standards and local approaches for nutrition programming in Turkana and Samburu
- Document lessons learnt, challenges and best practice and share lessons with other nutrition actors.
- Ensure timely project compliance and reporting to monitor implementation and achievement of project nutrition indicators.
- Assist in the preparation of data and information reports and all related documents on a monthly basis including inputs for the sector situation reports
- Support field staff in collaborating with relevant nutrition organizations, institutions and partners
- Coordinate Nutrition program reporting and other documentation including checking and
- verifying source documents for accuracy (Validation of reporting)
- Review program reporting, identify issues in implementation and recommend and implement approaches to strengthen program implementation
- The ideal candidate should have a first degree in Nutrition and Dietetics and a Master’s
- degree in Nutrition and dietetics
- Masters’ in Public Health is an added advantage.
- At least eight (8) years relevant work experience in Nutrition related projects including in
- emergency setting
- Experience working in IMAM, SBC, BFHI/BFCI and HINI projects is an added advantage
- Experience in Nutrition surveillance and research
- Hands on experience in project coordination monitoring, reporting and documentation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- ICT proficient
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Facilitation & Presentation Skills
- Planning skills
- Commitment, Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure
- A team player
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their motivation letter and Curriculum to email@example.com with the subject line: REF: Amref/BD/2018/01-18 on or before November 16, 2018.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.