Occupational Health & Safety Manager Jobs, Health & Safety Jobs, Medical Jobs, Jobs In Nairobi, Sheer Logic Jobs
Sheer Logic Management Consultants is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for Occupational Health and Safety Manager Position for one of our clients. This is an urgent position.
A safety manager will be responsible for overseeing and enforcing all safety measures in diverse work environments. The jobholder must have a detailed knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA) guidelines and the ability to detect and eradicate any health and safety hazards accordingly.
A safety manager inspects work areas, equipment and employee work habits to ensure that everything is in compliance with OSHA rules and environmental safety guidelines, and makes changes to improve the safety of the various workplaces.
- Plans and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health ACT (OSHA)
- Advise clients on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Plans and implements training for employees in work site safety practices. Maintains safety files and records
- Performs safety surveys, inspections and audits, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Conducts post accident investigation and prepares report identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and senior management.
- Assists clients in the development, evaluation and upgrading of safety programs.
- Designs and implements safety programs for designated client or workspace
- Recommends ways to improve health and safety in the workplace.
- Responds to on-site emergencies and accidents
- Develops and implements a Workplace Safety Toolkit
Job Attributes and Requisite Skills
- Excellent written and oral skill
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and report writing skills
- Crisis management skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- High attention to details
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work under less supervision
- Detailed knowledge of OSHA and Clients safety guidelines.
- Exhibit ability to think practically and creatively to implement the best safety practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Safety and Health Management related field is required.
- Masters degree desirable
- Certificate in Safety Management (CSM) is required.
- Coursework and training in occupational safety requirements and OSHA guidelines is required.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in the design and implementation of a workplace health and safety programs
How to Apply