Office Administrator Jobs, Administration Jobs, KMC Jobs
JOB GROUP KMC 5 REF: KMC/HRA/OA/5/5/2019
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall day-to-day management/administration of the office, managing and maintain the office diary and schedule of appointments and providing secretarial services.
- Responsible for the overall day to day management/administration of the office of the managing commissioner
- Booking the meeting room for meetings and making hospitality arrangements as may be required;
- Sending out notices for meeting and following up to confirm receipt;
- Ensuring that the meeting venues are well organized;
- Managing and maintain the office diary and schedule of appointments for the immediate supervisor;
- Providing secretarial services for the Managing commissioner;
- Maintaining records of outgoing letters, correspondences, documents and records; monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communication.
- Preparing and editing correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents.
- Organizing international travel as may be required from time to time; and
- Answer and screen calls directed to the Managing commissioner
The ideal candidate shall possess the following:
- Bachelor degree in secretarial studies or of Business and Office Management from a recognised institution
- A Diploma in Secretarial Studies from the Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution; or Business Education single Group Certificates in the following subjects: Typewriting III (50 w.p.m.); Shorthand III (120 w.p.m.); Business English III; Commerce II; Office Practice II; Office Management III Secretarial Duties II,
- Certificate in Secretarial Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks
- Must have a minimum of three years (3) experience in similar position.
- Certificate in Supervisory Skills course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution
- Satisfy the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
Key personal attributes / functional skills
The ideal candidate should:
- Be honest, trustworthy and possess a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Be results oriented and willing to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Have strategic leadership skills.
- Be a team player with ability to motivate staff.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with varied stakeholders.
- Be customer centric and resourceful in problem solving.
How To Apply
All candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and obtain the appropriate certification from the:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Higher Education Loan Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified candidates should fill and submit hard copies of the KMC employment application form which is available on the KMC website www.kenyameat.co.ke accompanied by applications detailed curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates, national identity card, testimonials, current and expected salary and names and addresses of three referees so as to reach the undersigned not later than 28th June 2019.
Persons living with Disabilities, Women, Youth, persons from minority and/or marginalized groups who meet the requirements of the advertised positions are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The envelope should be marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and indicate the “REFERENCE NUMBER” of the position applied for and be addressed to:
The Managing Commissioner
Kenya Meat Commission
P.O Box 2-00204