Office Assistant Job at American Friends Service Committee
The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) is a Quaker organization that promotes lasting peace with justice as a practical expression of faith in action.
Drawing on continuing spiritual insights and working with people of many backgrounds, we nurture the seeds of change and respect for human life that transform social relations and systems.
We seek to promote the transformation of cultural and societal norms, values, and behaviors to reject violence, with Simplicity, Peace, Integrity, Community, Equality, and Stewardship as our values.
The Africa Regional Office (ARO) in Nairobi comprises the regional office, Somalia and Kenya Programs.
AFSC is seeking to recruit the following positions based at the ARO.
The position will report to the Administration Officer and provide support to staff at ARO in their work by ensuring cleanliness of the office, serving refreshments and supporting in petty errands.
Key Responsibilities for the Office Assistant Job
- Ensure cleanliness of the office always.
- Make tea/coffee and other refreshments for staff, partners and visitors
- Assist the administration officer to run errands related to the office
- Responsible for supplies e.g. stationery, toiletries, beverages among others.
- Filing finance and other documents as directed on a need basis.
- Assisting RD and RFAM with scanning and pasting documents.
- Assist office staff in minor duties e.g. making photocopies, scanning and printing
- Work closely with the administration officer to support them in their work including handling calls and mails, welcoming visitors, managing the front office in the absence of the administration officer.
Office Assistant Job Qualifications
- A minimum KCSE (C-) educational qualification or its equivalent
- At least two years of relevant experience in a busy professional office, good interpersonal skills, ability to fluently communicate in both English and Kiswahili, basic computer skills/ basic professional training
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by COB Thursday 25th October 2018.
Include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Make sure to indicate how your experience and qualifications fit the position you are interested in.
The American Friends Service Committee (AFSC) is an equal opportunity employer and committed to further diversity at the work place.