Office Assistant Job at Office of the Auditor-General
Grade OAG 11
The Office of the Auditor-General (OAG) is an independent Office established under Article 229 of the Constitution of Kenya.
The Office is charged with the primary oversight role of ensuring accountability in the use of public resources within the three arms of government (the Legislature, the Judiciary and the Executive) as well as the Constitutional Commissions, Independent Office and any entity that is funded from public funds.
Pursuant to Article 252 (1) (c) of the Constitution, the Office seeks to recruit qualified and competent staff to fill the following position:
Purpose of the job:
This position is responsible for provision of support services to the organization to enable the Office run efficiently. Officers at this level will be deployed to perform general office duties in the Headquarters and other OAG offices located in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Eldoret, Kakamega, Nyeri, Embu, Bungoma, Kisii, Machakos and Garissa.
- Carry out cleaning work to the required standard and as instructed
- Ensure that tools and equipment are in good working condition and report any defects.
- Deliver files and letters to the respective destinations
- Organize and set up of the office
- Reallocation and moving of office furniture and assets as per instructions.
- Enhance and support in the security of the office by opening and closing of the main doors.
- Prepare and provide refreshments for office staff.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by management.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
How to Apply
Applications for the position of Audit Associate II together with a detailed resume, scanned copies of professional and academic Certificates, other testimonials and National Identification card should be submitted to the e – mail address shown on or before December 31st, 2018 addressed to:
The Auditor –General
Office of the Auditor General
P.O. Box 30084-00100
Applications must have daytime telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees from the previous employers.
Hard copies will NOT be accepted except for the positions of Motor Vehicle Driver and Office Assistant, where applications should be posted to the above address or dropped at the Reception of the Office of the Auditor – General Headquarters based on the 3rd Floor at Anniversary Towers – Nairobi
It is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job applications. The
Office shall take appropriate action on any applicant who shall be found to have presented false information and/ or documents in the applications.
The Office of the Auditor-General is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to have diversity in workforce in line with the Constitution. Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification.