Operations Head Job at Reeds Africa Consult
Our client an industry leader in the Commercial Kitchen and Laundry Equipment in East Africa is looking to hire Operations Head. The successful candidate will be reporting to the Managing Director.
The candidate will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability through the implementation of effective methods and strategies. The position will interface directly with executive leadership, customers, department managers, and third parties to drive profitable growth and continuous improvement of company processes.
Operations Head Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for all budgetary, people development and operations objectives for the company operations.
- Deploying processes/initiatives that drive growth and improvements in the existing and/or new departments.
- Define the operational strategy, set up processes and systems to scale up business with the unwavering focus on operational efficiency and profitability.
- Conceive and execute key capability building projects and work across functions to ensure delivery of project objectives, within set timelines
- Conduct regular and detailed business reviews with team to ensure business strategies are executed.
- Measure the productivity and efficiency level of functional teams closely and initiate corrective action, leading to higher revenue per employee.
- Measure performance, provide feedback and hold Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments.
- Understand competitive landscape and market dynamics and provide necessary feedback to product teams.
- Design new products in line with business strategy along with the product team and continuously improvise on existing offerings, to deliver net income.
- Responsible for the quality of business acquired/portfolio, work closely with risk & credit teams to take necessary corrective actions
- Conceptualize and develop marketing initiatives and business development activities to enhance business volumes
- Coach and mentor the team to ensure performance objectives are met, build positive employee relations and build leadership bench strength
Qualifications for the Operations Head Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales & Marketing or related course
- Masters will be an added advantage
- Should have at least overall experience of 10-15 years with 5 years as Operation Head in a Manufacturing firm
- Excellent skills to run and manage multiple operations in a smooth & effective manner.
- Proven work experience in a Leadership Position in the management at a country level.
- Experience in effectively managing a large team.
How to Apply
All applications should be done on or before close of business 5th October 2018 on link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted