Reporting to the Head of Inland Container Depot, the job holder is responsible for ensuring effective and efficient overall planning, directing, and supervision, execution of operations & KWATOS system for prompt delivery of service at the Inland Container Depot Nairobi.
- Liaising with all stakeholders and government agencies at the Depot to ensure efficient delivery of services.
- Determining the labor and equipment requirements required for smooth operations of ICDN operations
- Ensuring Rail, Yard, Shed and Gate operations achieve maximum output while utilizing optimum resources.
- Ensuring prompt preparation and distribution of the work schedules to enable efficient execution of the depot operations.
- Monitoring implementation of the operation plans and incase of deviation ensure corrective action is taken.
- Liaising with the Engineering personnel to avail equipment for planned maintenance and to ensure that breakdowns are attended to promptly.
- Controlling and ensure that all KPA charges are secured after they are computed accurately and promptly.
- Conducting both pre and post-operation review and report the areas of concern to the Head of Inland Container Depots.
- Ensuring cargo documentation and monitoring & control is done through the system.
- Liaising with counterparts and stakeholders and advises on all issues related KWATOS system that are affecting Operations.
- Organizing/conducting the stake-holders monthly meetings.
- Advising management on trends and operational activities and conduct post operation review for remedial action.
- Ensuring that hazardous, refrigerated and other special cargo/ containerized or loose are handled in accordance with the Authority Rules and Regulation.
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Maritime Affairs, Business Administration, Logistics, Transport, Shipping or in any other relevant field from a recognized institution
- Those with degrees in other fields but possess a Diploma in Shipping or Port Management/Operations will also be considered.
- A Master’s Degree in any of the above fields from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- Be a valid member of a recognized professional body and be of good standing
- Have not less than five (5) years’ experience in logistics operations planning with at least three (3) years served at a managerial level
- Knowledge of Port Operations will be an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the relevant criteria for this role, please submit your application including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, including among other details your current position, current remuneration, email and telephone contacts of three (3) professional referees.
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
Only those applications submitted through the e-recruitment portal will be considered. To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 26 February 2019 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
Waiyaki Way, Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Kenya Ports Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE), and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.