Operations Officer, Remittances Job at Co-operative Bank
We believe each customer interaction is an opportunity to delight, engage and inspire. By listening well to our customer needs then promptly meeting these needs, we can make quick wins with our customers. In the long run, consistent service experience would raise customer loyalty and build an enviable service brand for the Bank. Building this environment starts with YOU!
You are a natural facilitator who is driven, organized and detail oriented. You excel in program/ project management and can communicate with ease at all levels. You are adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts by managing through relationships with a positive influence. You thrive in an ambiguous environment and display grace even under fire. If this sounds like you then consider this exciting opportunity.
Reporting to the Manager Remittances, within Diaspora Banking, the Operations Officer will be charged with the responsibility of providing support to the various agents in issues regarding remittances in a timely and efficient manner. He/she will act as a liaison for all the stakeholders in order to provide seamless service to the customers.
Operations Officer Job Responsibilities
- Be the point of contact between the partners and the bank and offer customer support to existing and newly on boarded money remittance partners such as Money Gram and Western Union Support.
- Train branch staff and partners on the system requirements for provision of remittance services to the customers.
- Facilitate user set-ups in the various outlets through liaising with the ICT support person to ensure that outlets are up and running in the shortest period possible and within the given SLAs.
- Negotiate rates with the treasury department on behalf of the branches for the settlement amounts due to them.
- Portray and maintain a polite, pleasant and friendly attitude with customers and seek timely and proper solutions to customers’ problems.
- Provide timely and organized responses to internal Customer questions and disputes.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with Business functions as well as Marketing and PR function.
- Develop and continuously review business operational policies and procedures ensuring their compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements.
Requirements for the Operations Officer
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business related field from a recognized university.
- 5 years banking experience with at least a minimum of 3 year in a role handling operations and back office procedures in remittance services. Excellent knowledge of Remittance and treasury services.
- Knowledge of industry, advisory, regulatory and professional bodies coupled with a good understanding of legislation related to financial services and channel delivery.
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as manage multiple priorities in quick time frames.
- Proficient in MS Office with excellent report writing & Presentation skills.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to deal professionally, confidently and effectively with staff at all levels, internally and externally.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number OOR/RBB/2018 by 19th September, 2018.
We are an equal opportunity employer.